Your failure to follow this warning will cause death, serious injury, or permanent disability to you or others. Everyone who uses this tent should read this manual and become familiar with all safety warnings and precautions for safe use, assembly, care, maintenance, and storage. Keep this manual so you can refer to it later.
This tent is NOT FIREPROOF. The fabric will burn if brought in contact with any flame source. For these reasons:
In some climactic conditions (for example, severe storms, high winds, or heavy snow cover), stakes and guy cords may not be sufficient to anchor a tent securely, which could result in the tent being picked up or blown away, causing death, serious injury, or permanent disability. Under such conditions:
Any tent must be properly ventilated in all weather conditions to allow sufficient airflow into and out of the tent. If airflow into and out of a tent is obstructed (for example, if heavy snow obstructs the air flow) you and other persons will suffer from lack of oxygen and suffocate, resulting in death, serious injury, or permanent disability. For these reasons:
Prolonged UV exposure will degrade the fabric coating, strength and color over time. For this reason it is not advised that you leave your teepee setup for extended periods of time. The shelter is not designed to be a permanent structure.
Children will not understand and appreciate the FIRE, CARBON MONOXIDE POISONING, SUFFOCATION, AND SEVERE WEATHER hazards described above and will not know how to avoid or respond to these hazards if no adults are present. For this reason
Stoves, heaters, grills, lanterns, candles, and other fuel-burning devices that burn propane, natural gas, charcoal, kerosene, coal, or other fuels produce a toxic gas called carbon monoxide. Because carbon monoxide gas is invisible, odorless, and colorless, a dangerous level of carbon monoxide gas can accumulate in a tent which cannot be detected by sight, smell, or taste.
When breathed in even small quantities, carbon monoxide is absorbed into the bloodstream, replacing and reducing the oxygen in the bloodstream and causing carbon monoxide poisoning and suffocation, which will cause death, serious injury, or permanent disability. Exposure to high concentrations of carbon monoxide for even a few minutes will also cause death, serious injury, or permanent disability.